Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Dengeki Daisy Chapter 28 Partial Translation


Here is a scene many will be interested in, be warned though, this contains a big spoiler concerning Sou.

If you want to follow along with the raws, it starts at page 17.

Chairman: …Now that you mention it Kurebayashi-san, do you have a friend called Akira?
Teru: Akira…?
Chairman: I heard from Arai sensei in the hospital. He was contacted by him during the fake mail incident…A guy about your age
Teru: Akira…? I don’t have a friend like that…it’s really an extremely common name…
Chairman: That’s true, the school also has 12 people by that name
Master: Oi, Andou…are you going to eat anything or just drink sake? (Andou = the chairman)
Chairman: Ho, nicely spotted, excuse me
: page 18:
Chairman: today my appetite is kind of bad. Maa…I guess things have just been really hectic, but it can’t be helped
Teru sort of freaks out and says he needs to go to be seen by a doctor, knocking his sake all over him. :3
Teru: S-sorry I freaked out…but at home my older brother also said such a thing before.....before he died….
…It was an advanced stomach tumor
But no one noticed until he collapsed during work…
S…I’m sorry…I poked my nose in your business
………………..
Chairman pats her on the head.
Chairman: You must excuse me, don’t worry about my health…how about some dessert? I feel my appetite coming back a bit..
Teru/Chairman? Okay! Now…how about some custard…
*cue brooding Kurosaki*

-----------------------------

Teru’s on the phone with Riko when someone bumps into her
Teru: Ah – excuse me
Stranger: iie, gomen ne (lit. no, I’m sorry, the ‘ne’ softens it and for a guy saying it, it kind of gives it a gentleness and maybe familiarness)
Teru: Me too………………………
Riko (on the phone) : Teru chan is something wrong?
Teru: A…no, it’s nothing. So at 7:00…(conversation fades off)
Teru monologue:
…I became concerned about that man
I didn’t get a very good look at his face but
I was feeling he resembled onii chan
I had no way of noticing that this person was "Akira" about whom the chief director was talking at that time…

No comments:

Post a Comment