Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Chapter 31 Partial Translation


This is a rough translation and is probably not perfect. It is NOT to be used for scanlation. Don't use without my permission. The way I have translated I will know if you steal this!

(And I haven't forgotten about finishing 20, I've been working on that too. I was busier than expected this break, interested in what was going on with Akira, and pissed off at the few select individuals sounding like they were going to steal translations here.)

Page 1
Kuro: …what a mess (idk this part confused me, something about ‘your grave’ probably talking about the leaves on it). Well I guess people don’t come up here in mountain areas much anyways. I guess I’m the first to come here…It might be annoying…but I wanted to leave these flowers here…”professor”
The name on the grave is only partially shown, but starts with “Midori-“
Teru: (I wonder where Kurosaki went on his half holiday after leaving this morning)
Kiyoshi: It’s gotten a lot colder recently, you know
Teru: Ah…I guess…
Kiyoshi: Teru, did you prepare for today’s class?
(Teru see’s Akira with yo-yo)
Teru: (What’s with the yo-yo? At a time like this?)
Remembering from previous chapter: (Akira: Sorry ‘bout that. Teru: Me too.)
Teru: (Hey…)
Teru: (To Akira) Um…excuse me
Kiyoshi: (getting on bus) Teru?
(Not sure who says this, thought Kiyoshi, but maybe Akira?) Is it really good to not be riding the bus?
Akira: (To Teru) Thanks, it’s okay. (pats Teru’s bag) You too. Hurry and get on the bus.
Bus door closes and Teru looks back at Akira.
Teru: I wonder if he really resembles (oniichan)? I really think he does…
Akira waves bye @ Teru as the bus pulls away
Kiyoshi: What’s with that face? And who was that guy just now?
Teru: I’m not sure…but don’t you think he resembled my oniichan?
Kiyoshi: Ah…did he?
Teru: (I was simply a little happy. By chance, I had come to care about this stranger a little. I hope I get to see him one more time. )
Teru: Huh? Where did my commuter pass go?
Sign: Hospital
Arai: “Akira’s” detailed description…hmmmm lets see…well, he was wearing a hood and baseball cap which really disguised his appearance. I didn’t really get a good look at his face. He did have long black hair.
Kurosaki: And? You said his height was about the same as you…around 170cm…

Page 20
Akira: Yo!
Teru: (Wah..again already…) H-hello! Thanks for this morning
Akira: That’s an interesting position there…what are you doing?
Teru: Ah…haha, how embarrassing…I seem to have lost my commuter pass…
(I knew he was a good person)
Akira: You mean ‘this’ commuter pass?
Teru: !!! That’s it! No way, you picked it up for me, thank you!!
Akira: haha Want me to give it back? What will you give me in compensation?
Teru: Huh…?
Akira: At occasions such as this it’s customary to give a reward, right? As well as saying ‘thank you’?
Teru: …I-I see…of course…let’s see (digs in bag) …can of juice…no…reward money maybe…? (small text says something about 2,000 and 400 yen but can’t see it well..maybe she’s offering 400 of her 2000 yen?)
Akira: Err…that’s not a lot of money…nope, nope, that won’t work, I wanted something better than that…money won’t buy this back, it should be something important, right?
For example…”love” among other things
Teru: (No way. What is this?! ) Sto-
Teru: Stop it!!! (hits Akira with bag)
Akira: …ouch…man, that was mean!
Teru: M-mean? What about you?! What are you doing!! I don’t believe it! I thought you were a good person! (this guy is the worst!)
Akira: What’s this? Don’t blow a gasket now. That was…a token of acquaintance? Something like that? Hahaha Wow – you’re really red, what’s wrong?
Teru: (This jerk…)
Akira: Maybe that was your first kiss, huh?
Teru: (This jerk doesn’t resemble Onii-chan what so ever!) (Teru runs away)
Akira: (calling after Teru) Eh? You don’t want your commuter pass? Haha Well okay then…Until next time, Te-ru-channnn!
Teru: (I won’t be seeing you again. I won’t…)
Kurosaki: Kissed? Why? By who?
Page 28:
Riko suggests Teru talk to Daisy (since she is upset about the kiss) since he is special to her.
Teru's message: Daisy, it's Teru. I was kissed by someone I didn't know, however there was nothing I could do to prevent it. (There is more message on the phone but I won't translate now)

I wanted my first kiss to be with the person I like.

Daisy's text message
The thing bothering Teru is not worth it. Please don't worry about it.
I think the incident is trivial.

(Teru think to herself how comforting Daisy's writing is and that he's probably right, then she sees there is more of his message.)

But this thing I am saying is a lie. I do care very much.
In this case I would have lost my patience/self control.
I wish I could come to you to kiss you.
I would make you forget the bad kiss you got from that child.

Daisy's second messsage:
on phone:
That thing I said is a lie.
Please ignore that last message.
That was just a lame joke. Truly it was a lie. Pardon me, I’m sorry.
T: A lie…?

End of page 34:
Akira: Yo! You visiting Midorikawa’s grave too?
Riko: Ah…yes…the one right over there…
Akira: Yep, that’s right. (walking away) Take care, now.

Note: Midorikawa is the author of the book Kishiyo has on page 18.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hahaha....as bad as I feel for Teru, I can't help but be really really happy. Kurosaki, you have lost your grip.(thats a GOOd thing for Teru, and us...mwahaha)

That thing I said is a lie.
Please ignore that last message.
That was just a lame joke. Truly it was a lie. Pardon me, I’m sorry.
T: A lie…?

...hmmm...I wonder if he forgot that she accidentally revealed that she knew he was daisy(thought she doesnt remember)....I can;t wait until they have to actually talk face to face! Thankyou ssooooooo much for this translation!!!! You are awesome!!!

Post a Comment